Classes offered for credit
Any student who wants to be in the choral program enrolls in one of the four grade level choirs which meet each day for a full period:
Additional choral experience
Each student enrolled in choir is also a member of one of the two Men’s or Women’s choirs listed below. The music for these choirs is taught in sectional rehearsals during the regular class period, and each choir practices together in a dress rehearsal before a performance
- 11th and 12th Grade Women’s Choir (SSA)
- 9th – 12th Grade Men’s Choir (TTBB)
Any student enrolled in a choir class is eligible to audition for any of the choirs listed below, which meet outside of school hours:
- Chamber Choir (SATB): This choir (10th-12th grade students) performs a variety of traditional and chamber choral music.
- Paradigm Show Choir (SATB): An auditioned group of 32 10th-12th grade students. They learn a competitive/contemporary choreographed show. This ensemble also meets during a class period.
- Grace Note (SSAA): a 12 voice women’s a cappella ensemble which practices outside the school day, mainly contemporary selections and performs for various school and civic events as well as on choral concerts.
- Ten Bucs Worth (TTBB): a 10 voice men’s a cappella ensemble which practices outside the school day, mainly contemporary selections and performs for various school and civic events as well as on choral concerts.
Each year we have a few IB (International Baccalaureate) music students who are enrolled in either choir or band and do additional work outside of class to meet the IB music requirements.